Friday, April 12, 2013

Wine Tasting Torre Castillo Alegre



Name: Torre Castillo Alegre
Variety: 100% Monastrell
Region: Jumilla
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $9.95

Winery review: 4 months in new American oak barrels. Bright ruby-red. Dried cherry, pipe tobacco and rose aromas, with a hint of wood smoke. Sweet and fleshy on the palate, with blackberry and cherry flavors complimented by licorice and a suggestion of dried herbs. The cherry and smoke notes repeat on the finish

My review: This wine had a very strong tobacco smell. I didn't really even have to swirl it that much and it was already strong. There was also a hint of metal smell to it, which I thought was a bit weird. The wine tasted a little spicy. It seemed like there was a bar-b-Que going on in my mouth. I could taste the wood with a little bit of fruit. It was also a bit dry but it wasn't too bad.  

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment