Sunday, April 21, 2013

Wine Dinner Baked Tilapia and Stuffed Zucchini

On Sunday, April 21, 2013, Oscar, Joan, and I made our own dinner wine pairing once again. The recipes and pairings were thanks to the Shutter Homes wine and food pairings Pinterest account. This week we decided to make baked Tilapia with veggies, stuffed zucchinis, and Gouda cheese with a french baguette. We paired these foods with a Red Wood Creek 2011 Sauvignon Blanc. We were able to get the Red Wood on sale for only $5.95 at Krogers which was such a good deal but we weren't sure about the taste.

Stuffed Zucchini
Gouda Cheese

Baked Tilapia with Veggies


Redwood Creek Sauvignon Blanc 2011
Zesty notes of lemon and grapefruit are balanced with refreshing hints of green herbs and melon
The first thing I did for this dinner was try the cheese by itself. Why? Because I've never had Gouda before and I was curious as to how it tasted. The particular Gouda we got was really smoked. You could really taste the smokiness of the cheese. It seemed like I was eating it straight from wood. Right after that I tried the cheese with the baguette. This made the cheese a little milder. Then I tried the wine by itself. The wine was very tart and it made my lips pucker. You could really taste the lemon in this wine but I really enjoyed it. Trying the cheese with baguette and wine together however was just amazing. The wine made the cheese milder and sweeter so it seemed like I was at an outdoor campfire. The cheese was creamy and delicious! I loved how the cheese tasted with the wine. 

Bread and Cheese Platter
Trying the wine with the zucchini was pretty good as well. It made the zucchini sweeter and more flavorful. I felt like it really brought out more zucchini flavor than I have ever tasted. It brought I notes that I didn't even know existed in a zucchini. 
Plate of food
The wine with the fish was really good as well. It made the fish seem fresher and more flavorful. I really enjoyed this food pairing! I finished 2 glasses of wine because I loved how they tasted together so every bite of food I took, I took a sip of wine without fail. It was just too good to not eat together. Overall I think this tasting was absolutely amazing! I would want to make this meal again in the future! 
Joan Taking a picture of the dinner

Joan and Oscar




No comments:

Post a Comment