Friday, April 26, 2013

Wine Tasting Lobetia Chardonnay



Name: Lobetia Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay 
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $10.95

Winery review:  Organically and naturally grown and made, this wine allows the varietal and the terroir to stand out cleanly. Clean, bright color with a greenish-yellow tone. On the nose, exotic fruits like pineapple. Full flavored, fresh, with good acidity in the mouth, it finishes with tropical fruits. 

My review: When I first smelled this wine it reminded me of a Chinese pork dish called Rou Song. Like the dish it was sweet with a hint of pork flavor. I also picked up on a little bit of vanilla mixed in with metal. The wine was really unbalanced for me. It was acidic and really bitter. There was a tart and spicy taste to it as well. It is probably one of the most difficult white wines I've ever tasted but also one of the most interesting smells. 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment