Friday, April 26, 2013

Wine Tasting Lobetia Tempranillo




Name: Lobetia Tempranillo
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: La Mancha,
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $10.95

Winery review:  Organically and naturally grown and made, this wine allows the varietal and the terroir to stand cut cleanly. It shows a nice cherry color with a violet shade because of its youth. Red berries and cherries on the nose. On the palate it is fresh, slightly astringent,, and harmonious with a long finish. 

My review: This wine smelled strongly of cherries. The initial taste was cherry but then after a while I got a strong medicine like taste. It seemed like I was trying to swallow a pill but it got stuck in my mouth and I could just taste it the entire time. The wine was also really dry and really bitter. It was hard for me to enjoy this wine. 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment