Sunday, April 7, 2013

Wine Tasting El Pedrosal


Name: El Pedrosal
Variety: 100% tempranillo 
Region: Ribera Del Duero
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $21.95

Winery review: Glass-staining ruby. A fragrant bouquet evokes cherry-vanilla, violet and spices. Juicy and open-knit, offering zesty red and dark berry flavors and a touch of vanillin oak. Finishes smooth, gently sweet and long, with the cherry note echoing. This is already approachable. 

My review: I felt like I could smell a Lowe's hardware department settled in the forest in this wine. The wood smell was really strong. The wine was really dry for my taste and it was very complex and strong. It seemed really unbalanced for my taste which made it difficult for me to drink. I did not enjoy this wine at all. 
I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment