Friday, April 26, 2013

Wine Tasting Reserve Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone


Name: Reserve Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone
Variety: Grenache, Syrah, Cinsault
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2010
Price: $14.95

Winery review:  Displays loads of ripe flavors. It is very concentrated for a Cotes du Rhone, and is actually an amazing wine. Classic garrigue, black cherry liqueur, lavender, licorice, and spice box are all present in this full bodied, intense, and rich Cotes du Rhone. This is a sensational effort to drink over the next 4-5 years, although it might last even longer. 

My review: This wine smelled like plums mixed with cherries. But not the good kind. It reminded me of smelling cherry flavored medicine. I could even smell the bitterness. This wine was balanced, which surprised me since the smell was so strong. It was very tart, bitter, and dry. I could taste some roots in the wine as well. 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment