Sunday, February 24, 2013

Wine Tasting Nopa Vinho Verde




Name: Nopa Vinho Verde
Variety: 50% Arinto and 50% Azal
Region:  
Country: Portugal 
Year: 
Price: $13-$5.95

Winery review: The result is elegant, silky, fresh and well balanced, with a fine citrus brightness. Ideal as an aperitif or as a perfect accompaniment to seafood, poultry, pasta, salads, spicy oriental food and grilled white meat. Enjoy in moderation and in good company. 

My review: This wine smelled like a mix of citrus fruits. I couldn't pinpoint which fruits but it smelled fruity with sourness. The initial taste shocked me. I wasn't expecting it to be so bitter. The bitterness was all I could taste for a while. The after taste was when I started to taste the circuitousness of the wine.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment