Saturday, February 16, 2013

Wine Tasting Lavarini Valpolicella Classico



Name: Lavarini Valpolicella Classico
Variety: 65% Corvina Veronese, 25% Rondinella and 10% Molinara
Region:  
Country: Italy 
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95

Winery review: The red ruby color and the dry taste give this wine joviality and cordiality  It is fresh and fruity, with lovely strawberry and cherry aromas and flavors, with nice spice and a silky texture

My review: The wine smelled of cherry. Really sour and ripened cherries. The taste was bitter and had a nutty flavor to it at the end. It was really strong and dry for my taste. I had a difficult time swallowing the liquid, it seemed to want to stay on my throat. I did not enjoy this wine at all. 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment