Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wine Tasting Petit Verdot NV





Name: Petit Verdot NV
Variety: 100% Verdot
Region:  Virginia
Country: US
Year: NV
Price: $21.95

Winery review: This unique wine delivers a burst of dark fruit tempered by black currant, spices and tobacco. A touch lighter than previous vintages, the tannic structure leaves a dry finish with lingering notes of orange flowers and chocolates, rosemary and thyme. 

My review: The wine had a very herby smell to me, it reminded me of some sort of Chinese medicine mixed with some fruits. When I tasted the wine I could definitely taste the herbs with a bit of tartness. I enjoyed the herb taste because it did bring me a bit closer to home. The wine was also really dry but that fit into my perception of Chinese herb medicine. Overall good wine but I'm not so sure I would want to drink it more than 1 glass because it was quite strong. 


I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment