Sunday, March 31, 2013

Wine Tasting Montebuena



Name: Montebuena
Variety: Tempranillo 
Region: Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $8.95

Winery review: Ripe cherry and blackcurrant on the nose and in the mouth. Piliant and seamless in texture, with good heft and back-end energy. Finishes smooth and sweet, with fire-grained tannis providing shape and grip. Still on the young side but this wine drinks very well with an hour or so of decanting; it's an excellent value for Rioja.

My review: This wine had a sweet berry smell that made my mouth water. I can't say the same about the taste however. The wine was really strong and acidic. There was so much body and flavor that it created an unbalance in the wine, and it made it difficult to drink. The finish was a little dry and it didn't match anything that the wine had going. Overall I did not enjoy this wine at all. 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment