Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wine Tasting Johannisberg Riesling



Name: Johannisberg Riesling
Variety: 100% Riesling
Region:  Virginia
Country: US
Year: 2011
Price: $21.95

Winery review: A perfect match of acidity and fruitiness. With only half of a percent of residual sugar, this is our first dry Riesling in a long time. This wine offers rich apricot and orange peel aromas with honey and lemon flavors on the palate. 

My review: The wine smelled really fruity. It seemed like I was smelling a citrus fruit punch, so that was quite lovely. The wine itself had hints of apricot which I loved, and a little bit of lemon. It was tart but just the right amount of tartness. A little dry but it seemed to combine well with the tartness. Overall I enjoyed this wine.  

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment